Fermented Carrots Recipe
Get your probiotics fix with this fermented carrots recipe. The recipe includes some cilantro, ginger, garlic, and chile for a little extra zing.
- 5 large carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 chile pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Shred the carrots in a food processor
- In a large bowl combine the carrots, cilantro, ginger, garlic, chile, and salt.
- Work the mixture with your hands for ten minutes to extract the juices.
- Pack the vegetable mixture into the mason jar up to the where the jar neck starts.
- The vegetables should be immersed in it’s own juices. If the vegetables are not immersed, add additional brine.
- Place a fermentation weight on top of the vegetables
- Fill the air release half way with water
- Seal the mason jar and twist the air release into place to form a seal
- After about 3 days, the fermenting carrots will start forming air bubbles
- Let the carrots ferment for 14 days
Let us know how you like our fermented carrots recipe!