Here is Nerd Organic’s tasty grass-fed paleo chili recipe with plenty of meat to keep you satiated.
1 lb of grass-fed ground beef
1 lb of grass-fed ground beef (substitute regular if needed)
1 lb of grass-fed skirt steak (substitute regular if needed)
4 thick slices of uncured bacon
4 baby Portobello mushroom caps (or substitute equivalent regular mushrooms)
1 large carrot
2 large tomatoes
1 can of tomato paste (not sauce)
1 small onion
4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp paprika or red pepper powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1. Dice up all of the vegetables.
2. Crush the garlic cloves and combine with the spices in a bowl.
3. Chop up the skirt steak into small diced pieces.
4. Fry the bacon in a pan and keep the fat in the pan.
5. Once the bacon turns a rich brown color, remove it and slice it into small pieces.
6. Cook the steak first in the fat until browned on all sides. Remove and place in a bowl.
7. Cook the ground beef in the combined fats until browned.
8. Remove and place in a bowl.
9. Combine everything into a crock pot or electric slow cooker.
10. Stir well until the spices dissolve.
11. Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
Let us know how our paleo grass-fed beef chili recipe turned out!