Nerd Organics top five reasons to make your own homemade probiotics vs taking a supplement:
- Making your own homemade probiotics is more cost effective. The average high quality probiotic supplement costs $40-$50 for a month supply. With the Nerd Organics homemade probiotics kit, you have the ability to create an unlimited supply of gut healing probiotic strains.
- The potency and effectiveness in one serving of the resulting probiotics from our homemade probiotics kit is equal to the potency of an entire bottle of probiotic supplements.
- Probiotic supplements are not FDA regulated. There could be anything in the pills your taking and nobody would know otherwise. Live cultures cannot survive for extended durations on a grocery store shelf. With our homemade probiotics kit you can observe & taste the changes occurring on a daily basis.
- Through my own tests I have proved that most probiotic supplements cultures are dead. Your paying for dead cultures. I’ll create another post soon describing how you can test your probiotic supplements for live cultures.
- The gratification that comes with creating your own homemade gut healing cultures that will help with your family’s overall health.
Mercola.com (May 12, 2012):
Fermented foods not only give you a wider variety of beneficial bacteria, they also give you far more of them, so it’s a much more cost effective alternative. Here’s a case in point: It’s unusual to find a probiotic supplement containing more than 10 billion colony-forming units. But when my team actually tested fermented vegetables produced by probiotic starter cultures, they had 10 trillion colony-forming units of bacteria. Literally, one serving of vegetables was equal to an entire bottle of a high potency probiotic! So clearly, you’re far better off using fermented foods.